Lemon and cinnamon chia seed "summer" pudding.

12:06


chia seed pudding topped with frozen pineapples grapes and dates.
This recipe has been sightly adapted from thewanderingeater.com

I originally bought a packet of chia seeds so I can add them to my home made seed bread but iv been extremely lazy and never got round to it. Anyway today I woke up craving mousse! of all things to crave mousse was on my mind, but as I am on the path to healthier eating I thought I better not. so I hit Google and found chia seed pudding to be a good alternative. A lot of sites compared this pudding to tapioca which I absolutely hate but my husband loves it so I'm forced to see it in my cupboards everyday!

Now the thing I like the most about this pudding is that its not like tapioca! its better by far! its soft gooey and crunchy in the middle.

I did a few adjustments on the original recipe from Thewanderingeater.com such as omitting the salt and replacing honey with cinnamon.



Recipe

You'll Need..

31/2 cups of almond milk
100g of chia seeds
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
1/2 cup of chopped and pitted dates  more for garnishing (I use medjool dates
100ml of boiling water
1/4 cup of mixed fruit (pineapples and grapes)
                   
Method
  •  Soak your dates in hot water until soft
  • In a blender blend the almond milk lemon zest and cinnamon for about 20 seconds until combined
  • Remove your dates from the water and place in the blender with the almond milk etc blend for another 30 seconds.
  • Add your chia seeds then shake until fully combined
  • Leave in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight until it becomes pudding like.
  • Pour into a cup or bowl and top with fruit and remaining dates.
Store leftover pudding in the fridge.
                          ENJOY!


You Might Also Like

0 comments